The Dutch Dominie of the Catskills<br>By David Murdoch
- by Bruce E. McKinney
The Rev. Doctor David Murdoch
A review and commentary by Bruce McKinney
- A review of The Dutch Dominie of the Catskills, a work of historical fiction written by the Rev. Doctor David Murdoch and published for the first time in 1861. The descriptions of Blacks in this book raise a question whether the descriptions reflect reality or prejudice.
- The Doctrine of Caiaphas by the Rev. Doctor David Murdoch, a defense of his conduct and a narrative of the events that lead to his being asked to leave his position as Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Elmira, New York (1860).
- The obituary of the Rev. Doctor David Murdoch that was published in the Elmira Gazette shortly after his death on June 13th, 1861
- Two obituaries of Tracy Beadle, Trustee of the First Presbyterian Church of Elmira and the man who opposed the Rev. Doctor David Murdoch and forced his resignation.
- An excerpt from a First Presbyterian Church history (1955).
- An excerpt from a Lake Street Presbyterian Church history (formerly the Second Presbyterian Church). (1961)